Wednesday, November 11, 2009

30 Days of Thanksgiving--Day 11


I am thankful for the veterans in my life. My Granddaddy Koenig served in the Korean War and my Daddy served in Vietnam. My uncle on my Daddy's side was in the Army until he retired several years ago.
These men fought so that we could have the freedom to eat what we wanted, go where we want to, where the clothes we want, shop, eat out, sing, dance, play sports, etc. The list could go on for a while. Along with thousand upon thousands of other men and women, these brave people helped to have a country that is free.

To quote one of my favorite songs:

"If tomorrow all the things were gone I'd worked for all my life, and I had to start again with just my children and my husband. I'd thank my lucky stars to be livin here today. Cause the flag still stands for freedom and they can't take that away. From the lakes of Minnesota to the hills of Tennessee, across the plains of Texas, from sea to shining sea. From Detroit down to Houston, and New York to LA. Well, there's pride in every American heart and it's time we stand and say:

I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free! And I won't forget the men who died and gave that right to me! And I'll gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today. Cuz there ain't no doubt I love this land....God Bless the USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment