Sunday, November 8, 2009

30 Days of Thanksgiving--Day 7


Again I am late with this post but it is finally here. I am thankful that God blessed with an inquisitive mind. I love to research things. I love historical things but I am notorious for what my friends at work call "hunting down the rabbit until it can't run anymore." If I don't know something then I will research everything I can about it. I want to know things and I want to feel like I can contribute to conversations.

There are people out there that think I am really a ditsy person. Sometimes I am but for the most part I think I have some sort of smartness in me. If I don't understand something then why would I continue to want to be ignorant. I want to understand.

God placed this desire in me and gave me the mind to know how to figure things out. I want to use what he gave me. I hate being thought of as ditsy and such so I go out and figure things out. I research the Bible when I can't figure out what a passage means. I think God likes that. I think He puts that into us so that we will dive deeper into his word and we will "hunt the rabbit til it can't run anymore."

I will admit that sometimes my inquisitiveness does get me into trouble but for the most part it allows me to become a more well rounded person.

1 comment:

  1. If all of us stopped looking when the door was closed then we wouldn't have the scientists of today or the explorers of long ago. We wouldn't have so many things in life without the inquisitive nature of mankind. Teachers need a healthy wondering about our world and just look at what they can do in a classroom filled with little minds ready to learn.

    You stay as you are and keep looking around every corner - you just might run into me looking for an answer to a question, too☺

    ReplyDelete