Tuesday, November 24, 2009

30 Days of Thanksgiving--Day 23

Monday was my daddy's 66th birthday. My daddy over the years has been my biggest supporter in a lot of what I have done over my life. He has managed to make it to all of my recitals and concerts.
One thing that I will always remember him for is when I went to college. He was sadden when I left for college. I look back now and I think that actually he was so disappointed that I was so happy to be leaving. (I was like my oldest son, I couldn't wait to go to college and I rarely went home.) My daddy would send me flowers for my birthday. He knew that my favorite kind of rose was, at that time, a blue rose which was rare. On my birthday I would receive a dozen red roses surrounding a single blue rose. The card held a message that my daddy told me over the years that was just something between the two of us. I continued to receive these flowers sometimes with a card and sometimes without until I had my first child.
My daddy let me know that it was now my husband's turn to take over that job. It sadden me but I understood that he was releasing me to grow up.
My daddy has bailed me out on more than one occasion and spoils me rotten at times and annoys me from time to time but he still cheers me on and lets me know he loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment