Saturday, November 21, 2009

30 Days of Thanksgiving--Day 21

My sister-in-law had no idea when she wrote her thankful segment today that I was also going to be writing about her parents. You see I have the most awesome in-laws in the world. I was blessed to have married a husband whose parents love you for who you are and not for who you think they want you to be. They welcomed me with open arms even when my husband first introduced me as "a friend".
They have been there for every one of my children's births, our ups and downs. They have stood by us when we made decisions that not everyone agreed with. They made sure our kids had special moments just for them. They kept our kids when we were struggling and needed someone to watch them. They have taken us and our kids on grandpa ventures and taught all of us more than I could ever imagine. They let our kids and even myself practice our creative cooking skills on them. They have blessed us over and over again.
Truly without them I honestly think that I would have thrown in the towel on so many things but they would talk to me, encourage me, and love me and it gave me the courage and strength to keep on going.
I hear people talk about their in-laws and how they are treated. I thank God every day that I have these two people in my life. They are the example that I want to be like. I pray every day that I am just like them when my kids marry.

1 comment: