Saturday, November 21, 2009

30 Days of Thanksgiving--Day 22

Today I am thankful for my sisters-in-law. I have three of them but actually I consider them more sisters than in-laws. Each one of them holds a special place in my heart for different reasons.

AC has been my friend for over 20 years now. We met in college and I didn't even realize I was dating her brother until we were invited to dinner at her house one night. Our kids are only six months apart in age except she stopped at two and I went on for a third. She has listened to me and patiently guided me on more than one occasion with wisdom and prayer. She has shared recipes for food, crafts, and life. She makes me laugh and is a bright spot. She has taken time out to talk with me and give me advice just when I needed it most.

SE and I would sit on the phone together and watch MASH before I was married into the family. We have shared secrets, dreams, and ideas with each other. She is like the little sister I never had. Her babies are precious and I feel like they are part of me as well. I love them to death. She is so creative and loving and totally the picture of the perfect stay at home mom. She has it all together and even knows where she puts it. HA HA!!!! She may not know the grace and support that she has shown me but it has been there. She has treated me just like a sister and not like an in-law. That speaks volumes to me.

NL is my youngest sis-in-law. She was probably the one I had to adjust to more than any of them because she married my brother. I now understood how SE and AC might have felt. I think the first thing I said to her was "I have to be nice to you so there." She has been a blessing to my life. Over and over she has prayed for me and our family. She has stood in the gap for us when the struggles seemed overwhelming. She also has precious kids that I love. She has desire, drive, and dedication that I admire.

I have continued to be blessed by all of these ladies. I couldn't make it through without each of them there. I am truly thankful for them all. For pictures of them all, see Day 8 of this series.

5 comments:

  1. Awww... thanks, Lynne! I love you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how precious that you would share such personal blessings on your blog. It appears to me that all of you are blessed and should be so thankful that God brought all of you to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was enjoyable to read. I smile at your honesty of "I have to be nice to you so there."

    ReplyDelete
  4. You forgot to add that you had to make sure I was not a highschool cheerleader before you could like me.

    ReplyDelete