Friday, November 20, 2009

30 Days of Thanksgiving--Day 20

Today, I experienced something different. Our family was invited to supper at the neighbor's house this evening. What was different is that this family is Mennonite. They dress differently than we do and they believe that kids do not speak unless spoken to. One thing they do well, is cook from scratch. We had homemade creamed corn, hash brown potatoes, roast, salad, and a wonderful apple pie. Apparently, the girls in the family made the meal.
I feel like I made a new friend tonight. The mom of the family and I decided that we are going to start walking in the evenings when we can. I know that I have friends from our church and around that I can share things with but I think this friendship is going to challenge me to really be on my toes regarding the Bible and my beliefs spiritually. The Mennonites believe similar to what we do but I know that they totally immerse them in the Word. I have been praying lately that God would give me the strength to be diligent about my quiet time and I believe that this is my answer.
I am thankful for my new found friend and the wonderful neighbors that God has placed in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment