Wednesday, November 25, 2009

30 Days of Thanksgiving--Day 25

Today I am thankful for a home to head back to. We spent 18 years in the old family home and I loved the history and the fact that my kids were the 6th generation to live there but.... It was close to 90-100 years old and needed so much work. Work we couldn't afford to do while we lived there. We made the painful decision three years ago to build our dream home a mile away and with the blessing of the family we sold the old home. We had a great builder and great weather and so the house was built in 2 1/2 months. I love my new home! I still miss things about the old place but I really love my "new" home. Even now we refer to it as the new house.
I love the fact that my husband designed the house and that our builder let us be totally and completely involved in every aspect of the house building. We scraped floors (that is a whole different story) and did the final clean up in exchange for some minor upgrades.
The atmosphere in the house is one of fellowship, love, happiness, and togetherness. We find ourselves wanting to stay at home more and wanting to just hang out together. I love it! I love having all the family over and having the kids' friends over. It is the perfect home.

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you and yours the most blessed of days as we break bread with friends and family or spend our time as a volunteer with any one of the numerous charities in need of our time and talents.

    Peace, plenty, prosperity - my wish for the United States of America.

    ReplyDelete